The main non - LGV (unified) licence categories are:
Category A: Motor cycles (with or without a sidecar), including tricycles and mopeds.
Category B: Motor vehicles with:
- A maximum authorised mass (MAM) not over 3,500kg
- A maximum of 8 seats (not including the driver's seat)
Trailers being towed by vehicles in this category must either:
- Be not more than 750kg MAM - making a maximum authorised Train Weight of 4,250kg
- Have a MAM which does not: - exceed the unladen weight of the towing vehicle
- Have a MAM which does not: - Have a train weight exceeding 3,500kg
Drivers of vehicles in this category wishing to tow trailers which do not comply with either of the above conditions must have a B + E entitlement.